A graduate of the National School of Arts in Dakar, Cheikhou Bâ studied at the Geneva School of Art and Design (HEAD – Genève), where he obtained an advanced degree in ceramics and polymers in 2011.
Bâ, a Senegalese citizen, was selected twice for the Dakar Biennale (Dak'Art 2006 and Dak'Art 2012) and participated in the 1:54 art fair in London, in 2016. He regularly exhibits abroad, often at Kalao in Bilbao, Spain, and The Mojo Gallery in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
He has had residencies in, among many places, the United States and Finland.
Selected solo and two-person exhibitions
- XEET: Sculpture by Cheikhou Bâ and Drawing by Mamady Seydi, 50 Golborne, London (2015)
- Chocolat, Kalao, Bilbao, Spain (2015)
- Lii rek, Villa Racine, Dak’Art OFF, Dakar (2014)
- Les contradictions de la vie, The Mojo Gallery, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (2013)
- Cheikhou Bâ + Carolina Illanes, Waterloo Arts, Cleveland, USA (2013)
- …hacia dónde vamos?, Kalao, Bilbao, Spain (2011)
- Cheikhou Bâ et Thierry Hay, Le Douze Galerie, Nantes, France (2010)
- Cheikhou Bâ, dessin, résidences, Centre d’art contemporain Rurart, France (2005)
Selected group exhibitions
- Exposition Internationale, Dakar Biennal (Dak’Art 2012)
- Statements of Intent: A Generation Provoked, The Mojo Gallery, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (2011)
- Animal Anima ou de l'importance du conte animalier dans la création, Fondation Blachère, Apt, France (2009)
- Cheikhou Bâ, IFAA +De Paraplufabriek, Nijmegen, Netherlands (2008)
- Sénégal contemporain, Musée Dapper, Paris (2006)
- Exposition Internationale, Dakar Biennal (Dak’Art 2006)
- Création contemporaine au Sénégal - Arts graphiques et sculpture, Galerie le Manège, Institut français Léopold Sédar Senghor, Dakar (2005)
- Fondation Bruckner, Carouge, Switzerland (2012)
- Kulttuurikauppila, Ii, Finland (2007)
- Josef and Anni Albers Foundation, Connecticut, USA (2005)